Mixing these products cooked in olive oil and served with parmesan, reminds me of sunny Sicily. This so exquisite, delicious and fragrant dish carries the spirit of classic dishes that bear the name caponata. The most famous is Sicilian caponata, but the basic rule is the dish contain eggplant. In the end choose Mediterranean herbs – oregano, thyme, rosemary or a sprig of fresh basil like me.
- 250 g Corn and rice pasta Lagarone
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 20 black olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel the tomatoes and clear them from seeds.
- Cut the tomatoes and eggplant cubes. Fry them in a pan with olive oil.
- Add the olives and anchovies, chopped into small pieces. Leave to cook for a few minutes. Salt and season to taste with pepper.
- Boil the pasta in salted water, as described in the package.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce and freshly grated parmesan.