I decided to experiment with pasta, made from buckwheat and rice and to add taste of Italy. I have prepared this classic for the region of Liguria and in particular Genoa. There local people cook pasta with potatoes and green beans, in addition to traditional pesto.
- 250 g buckwheat and rice pasta Lagarone
- 1 large potato
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2-3 tablespoons prepared pesto (optional more)
- olive oil for sprinkling
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- In a saucepan boil water. Put a pinch of salt. Put the potatoes to boil. Boil them for ten minutes, add the green beans and cook together for another ten minutes.
- Add pasta and cook until ready.
- Drain pasta, add pesto and stir gently.
- Fresh basil leaves will make your food tasty and more fragrant.