The fascinating taste of this dish is due to the mix of dense and rich flavours of the wholegrain cereals and the diversity of emotion, which is due to the oriental blend of flavours, spices and sweetness.
- 1 cup mix from wheat, einkorn, and pearl barley Lagarone
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of cinnamon powder
- cane sugar, honey and maple syrup are also options for sweetening
- 1 tbsp rose water
- petals dried or candy rose
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 pomegranate
- a handful of raisins
- a handful of dried cherries
- walnuts, if desired, add almonds and pistachios
- Boil the mix of einkorn, wheat and barley with cinnamon stick. Leave to cool completely.
- Choose whether you prefer a more liquid or dry version of ashure. If you would rather like more dry option, in the event that the wheat, barley and einkorn are not absorbed all the water, there are several ways to accomplish the kernels to stay whole and separated from each other. My grandmother when she cooked wheat for celebration, lay it all over the house in trays on white cotton towels. I get a similar effect quickly and easily, as well the mix percolate, if there are any remaining moisture, and add finely ground regular crackers or fine oats. Once prepared, figuratively speaking, “cereals”, it’s time to rush and to enrich the taste with the whole range of spices, fruits and nuts and add to the final desired sweetness by sugar, honey or maple syrup. This rich dish is going for breakfast, main and dessert. It is easy to carry, smells good, I guarantee that you will be the envy of the office.