Traditionally for making tabbouleh I use bulgur or couscous. Prepare this tabbouleh in an unconventional way, replacing traditional products with quinoa. Make the dish even richer and tastier by adding several aromatic and juicy prawns for luxury. Shrimps always add more flavour, colour and festivity of the dishes.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 large bunch of parsley
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 red onion
- 2 to 3 scallions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes, cherry tomatoes are also a good choice
- the juice of 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 12 prawns (3 per serving)
- Prepare this Tabbouleh, starting with the quinoa cooking. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Chop the onion in a large bowl and mix all the ingredients for the salad.
- Shrimp 5 minutes before ready to serve the dish. Prepare them, clean them partially. Remove the head and rinse well. Saute them briefly in a pan with a little olive oil, fennel, garlic and a little white wine. Cook the shrimp until change colour to appetizing pink.
- Mix the remaining ingredients with quinoa for tabbouleh.
- Serve in a pretty dish and arrange on top the shrimp appetizer.