Conditionally I called these candies halva for flavour and spices reminiscent of India. The taste resembles traditional Indian dessert “laddu” – a favorited dessert of Krishna. Prepare it for weddings, receptions and provisions for long journeys throughout the East.
- 3/4 raw sesame Lagarone
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons raw tahini
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios, chopped
- Grind the sesame and sunflower seeds in a food processor until medium coarse texture.
- Pour the seeds in a medium bowl. Add vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and salt. Mix well. Add tahini and honey. Mix well with your hands. If the mixture is not sufficiently plastic, add more honey. Continue to knead with your hands. Add pistachios and form equal size balls.
- Roll in coconut, crushed nuts, cocoa or cinnamon.
- Candies can be stored in a tightly sealed box in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Enjoy the incredible rich taste!