This delicious recipe I learned in courses of Ayurveda for my teacher Yuri Kovachev. The main product used is seitan. This vegetable wheat protein is suitable for everyone, except for allergic to gluten. The recipe can successfully feed you, although there is not meat in the dish.
- 150 g wheat granules Lagarone
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- a piece of celery with the size of a walnut
- 1 tbsp white flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ green chili pepper
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Spice powder:
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (maybe a little more)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
1. Prepare seitan, soaking the wheat granules in cold water for 20 minutes. Rinse and the product is ready for cooking.
- Grate the cheese, tomatoes, red bell pepper and celery and cook them in saucepan on medium-high heat in a little oil. Put bay leaf and seitan. Fry until golden, add ginger, spicy pepper, celery and cook 1-2 minutes. Add spices, pour tomato puree, add 1 tsp sugar, 1 cup of hot water and salt.
- Bring to boil and cook 5-6 minutes on high heat without cover. Fry in dry 1 tbsp white flour and add a knob of butter. Add to the stew and cook another minute.
- Serve over basmati rice with fried cashews and fresh parsley.